The vacuum bell has come a ong way since it's beginning. Newer designs and techniques are beginning to become accepted into the surgical community.
The idea of the vacuum bell is to pull the dented chest cavity outwards. This is done by placing a large vacuum bell over the dent and pumping the air out.
If done for one hour over 2 years, a mild exacavaum can be pulled out - and possibly forever.
- Much cheaper option for those that do not want surgery
- Can be done in privacy of your own home (only under supervision of a doctor at this time)
- Might possibly be a permanent fix for mild cases of pectus exacavatum
- Can be painful
- Can cause bruising and even rib fractures in rare cases
- Must be done a lot over a long period of time for any results