This Site is not intended for use by anyone not able to legally form binding contracts. If you are not able to legally form binding contracts, you may not use the Site or submit information about yourself to the Site. We reserve the right to discontinue, suspend, cancel, deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account. We further reserve the right (but do not have the obligation) to restrict, refuse, terminate, or suspend your access to or use of all or any part of the Services, at any time and for any reason without giving any prior notice, in our sole discretion, including without limitation, in such instances wherein we believe that you are or might be engaged in any form of fraudulent, illegal, or otherwise improper activity regarding the Services. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions.
Some of the Services offered on the Site require registration. Without completing such registration you will not be able to use such Services. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted during the registration process. You further agree to maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Upon completion of the registration, you will receive a password and account designation. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and/or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or password or any other breach of security, and (b) exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements. You understand and agree that our Services may include communications such as service announcements and administrative messages from us or from our partners and that these communications are considered part of the Services. You will not be able to opt out of receiving these messages. You also understand that our Services may include advertisements.
You hereby grant and agree to grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, sublicenseable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, perform (publicly or otherwise), display (publicly or otherwise), transfer, transmit, distribute, convert to HTML or any other format, and publish all content you upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Site or through the Services ("Your Content") and portions, excerpts or subsequent versions thereof for the purposes of (i) displaying Your Content on our Site, (ii) distributing and allowing access to Your Content, either electronically or via other media, to users seeking to download or otherwise acquire it, and/or (iii) storing Your Content in a remote database accessible by other users, for free or for a charge. This license shall apply to the distribution and the storage of Your Content in any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed.
You covenant, represent and warrant to us that Your Content does not and shall not: (a) violate any laws; (b) be abusive, hateful, obscene, profane, pornographic, threatening, indecent, defamatory, libelous, offensive, vulgar, or otherwise inappropriate or objectionable with respect to applicable standards, customs, or practices; (c) erroneous or inaccurate (to the best of your knowledge); (d) infringe on or misappropriate any copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other proprietary or personal rights of any person or entity; (e) subject us to any costs, claims, or liabilities of any kind or nature. You understand that submission of Your Content is not made in confidence and shall not be held in confidence by us. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse, move, remove from the Site, or exercise editorial control over Your Content (or any portions thereof) at any time if we believe that such content is outdated, inaccurate, infringes the intellectual property rights or any other rights of any third party, obscene, defamatory or libelous, or otherwise illegal, is no longer of interest to other users of the Site, or for any other reason, or for no reason. We shall have no obligation, and shall not be liable for any failure, to use, display, distribute, or otherwise promote all or any part of Your Content.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Content on the Site contains content that we create as well as content provided by third parties, including, among other things, product reviews, white papers, multimedia files, and information about products and services offered by parties other than Pectus.com such as product descriptions, specifications, pricing, availability, and performance. We do not guarantee, make any representation to you regarding, and in no way responsible for, the accuracy, integrity, quality, source, or nature of the Content. Without limitation, we are not responsible for postings by users in the user opinion, message board, or feedback sections of our Site. You understand that you may be exposed to content that you find offensive, indecent, or objectionable or that is inaccurate, and you bear all risks associated with using that content.
We do not sell, resell, or license any of the products or the services that we review, list, or advertise on our Site, and we disclaim any responsibility for or liability related to them. Your correspondence or related activities with third parties, including payment transactions and goods-delivery transactions, are solely between you and that third party. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any of your transactions with third parties. Any questions, complaints, or claims related to any product or service should be directed to the appropriate vendor.
THE SITE, SERVICE AND THE CONTENT THEY CONTAIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
Third-Party Sites, Products, and Services
Our Site contain links to other Internet sites owned by third parties. Your use of each of those sites is subject to the conditions, if any, that each of those sites has posted. We have no control over sites that are not ours, and we are not responsible for any changes to or content on them. Our inclusion on our Site of any third-party content or a link to a third-party site is not an endorsement of that content or third-party site.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release, and waive all claims against Pectus.com, its principals, owners, parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representativeads, agents, co-branders, partners, contractors, consultants, suppliers, licensors, customers, and other affiliates (collectively, the "Pectus.com Parties"), from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys' fees) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with use of the Service. If you are a California resident, you knowingly and voluntarily waive the provisions of California Civil Code Section 1542 , which provides as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor." Residents of other states and nations similarly waive their rights under applicable and/or analogous laws, statutes, or regulations.
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE Pectus.com PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AND ANY PROPOSED TRANSACTION IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND ON OR THROUGH THE SITE), EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IF Pectus.com IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (U.S. $100).
Your Conduct on Our Site
While using the Site, Services, and any information or products contained on the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. You agree to use our bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or message or communication facilities (collectively, the "Forums") only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to that particular Forum. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you will not use our Site to take any of the following actions:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal right of another person or advocate any of the foregoing;
- Publish, post, upload, e-mail, distribute, or disseminate (collectively, "Transmit") any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content;
- Transmit files that contain viruses, worms, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage, disrupt, or adversely affect the operation of another person's computer, the Sites, any software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- Advertise, promote, solicit, or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our prior written consent to do so;
- Transmit surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, spam, unsolicited advertising or promotional materials, or chain letters;
- Download any file that you know or reasonably should know cannot be legally obtained in such manner;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or the source of software or other material;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying any public area within our Site, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Site;
- Interfere with or violate any other Site user's right to privacy; solicit, collect or store personal information about other users of the Site without their express consent;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Pectus.com representative, or falsely state or imply, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or manipulate identifiers or other data in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through our Site or to manipulate your presence on our Site;
- Use the Site or the materials contained on the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Interfere with or disrupt our Site, servers, or networks, or take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- "Frame" or "mirror" any part of the Site without our prior written authorization.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to access, monitor, copy, retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site, any part of the Site, or its contents. A limited exception is provided to general purpose Internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use such tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Site, provided they each do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily identifiable agent.
Notification of Objectionable or Infringing Content
If You believe that any Content available on the Site is incorrect, pornographic, obscene, or offensive, or infringes your intellectual property rights, please notify us by mail to the address provided below. When reporting a copyright infringement, you must (a) identify the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon, in sufficient detail so we can find it; (b) identify the material on the Site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the Site; (c) include a statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (d) include a statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that the above information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; (e) your physical address, telephone number, and email address, and (f) your electronic or physical signature.
You have 30 days to decide that you would like to get your money back after purchasing any Supporting Membership. After 30 days, no refunds will be given.