Logan Houser was sitting in his first-hour biology class when suddenly he began struggling to catch his breath. Moments later, he was out cold and rushed to Winter Haven Hospital.
“My teacher was sitting in the back of the room. It was all dark because she had the lights out. It felt like my heart just all of a sudden had a big dose of adrenaline pumped into it, and then I couldn’t breathe,” said Houser, who was a sophomore on the Winter Haven swim team when incident occurred during the early weeks of the 2016 fall semester. “I was gasping for air, and raising my hand trying to get my teacher’s attention. A fellow student noticed I was struggling and called the teacher. I looked at my teacher and said, ‘Call the nurse.’
Then everything went black.”