enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Past and present, we all want to hear your story.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Consult with Dr Miller - 21yo male

Consult with Dr Miller - 21yo male 3 months 2 weeks ago #8862

• jjv
  • jjv's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 0
I just had my consult with Dr Daniel Miller in Georgia who works at WellStar Hospital in Kennesaw. He is not talked about much here but has one of the highest volumes in the US of nuss and ravitch procedures. I have a haller index of high 3s and am going for my CT, echo, and lung test this week. The plan is for me to have my surgery over spring break in March.

Here’s where it gets cool. The plan originally was for me to get a normal nuss.. Dr Miller though does a lot of research on Pectus and also does a modified Ravitch procedure with bioabsorable materials instead of a metal mesh or plate. It works really well. I guess they are finally ready to bring that over to the nuss and remove the need for metal bars. He asked me if I was interested in being one of the first patients to do a nuss with a bio absorbable bar that doesn’t need to be taken out and is based off the same material from his custom Ravitch. I obviously said I was interested. So I’m waiting to see if that’s possible and he said so farI was a good candidate, if not I will get a normal nuss.

Either way I’m getting surgery next month and will keep you guys updated.

Consult with Dr Miller - 21yo male 3 months 1 week ago #8877

• Fish
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 37
Thats very exciting! You are doing a great thing by trying an experimental procedure as it benefits all future patients.

Consult with Dr Miller - 21yo male 2 months 3 weeks ago #8954

Any update on how the surgery went with this new method?

Consult with Dr Miller - 21yo male 2 months 3 weeks ago #8956

I'm curious to how the process works out for you. I'm scheduled for a PC ravitch mid April with him.

Consult with Dr Miller - 21yo male 2 months 3 weeks ago #8971

• jjv
  • jjv's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 0
Sorry for not updating. When getting my pre surgery tests they found I have an ASD (small hole in my heart). Its not a big deal medically I just have to consult with a cardiologist now first before surgery which is going to take some time. I will say Dr Millers office has been great and I recommend him to anyone. Ill post when I get more info on my surgery date. In regards to the new nuss method, Ill share if I learn anything about that too. Im pretty sure he said you need to have very symmetrical PE and not too severe of a defect, because if you watch the video of him and Dr J on youtube he says something similar.
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Login | Register