enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Today
FORUMS WILL BE CLOSING DOWN PERMANENTLY APRIL 1, 2019
Read More...
Past and present, we all want to hear your story.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just had mini Ravitch

Just had mini Ravitch 2 months 2 weeks ago #8179

Well yesterday I had the mini Ravitch with Joel Dunning at North Tees Hospital.
All has gone well and both he and the anethatist were amazing!
I have not needed an epidural or needed a morphone pump, no catheter either. Joel did put some magic painkillers in me during surgery which worked well.
Pain is bearble but wasn't able to block it out until 3am for a sleep. Pain relief is good and the staff on the ward are absolutely outstanding.
I didn't have to go to the High Dependency Unit after surgery either which was good.
Had a wobble this morning getting out of bed as pain really increased and blood pressure dropped. I hadn't had any food since before the op and pain meds the night before so was expected. The staff sorted it straight away and before I knew it I was scoffing lunch.
Been off for an xray, cup of coffee and a biscuit sat in my chair. Just had a walk with physio so all is good..
The main issue I have is the chest drain, can be a little uncomfortable at times, the good part is when you go anywhere you can put the bag over your shoulder like a handbag.
So for those of you who are worried and thinking about this procedure, if I can do it without an epidural or morphine pump it can't be that bad. I've only had two sets of pain relief pills too which has helped.
It does hurt when you move about but that is to be expected.
Well i'm on day two and feel fine, but I think i'll have peaks and troughs of how I feel over the next few days.
Oh, one thing. Breathing I noticed was way easier, felt great. The only way I can explain it is with PE it felt like I had an exhaust with a restrictor and baffle inside, since the op it feels like a have a straight through race exhaust system with no baffle etc which breaths more easily. Hope that helps.
Lastly, I cannot stress how great Joel Dunning and all the staff here are.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dh66, Idocad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by The Porter. Reason: Spelling

Just had mini Ravitch 2 months 2 weeks ago #8181

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
Thanks The Porter.

How severe were your PE before surgery?

Also, could you xplain what your mini-rativich involved please?

Thank you and keep improving.

Just had mini Ravitch 2 months 2 weeks ago #8184

Hi, mine was moderate.
I have a 7cm scar and one drain.
That's all i can tell you really, you go in get anethatised then wake up pain free and it's all over.
You feel like a superhero afterwards, then the meds start wearing off a little.
All good though, the worst pain i have had has been bearable.

Just had mini Ravitch 2 months 1 week ago #8186

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
Awesome. I'm especially encouraged with you're described ability to breath easier as I've been wondering if having mine
fixed with a similar one to yours would improve my stamina hugely.

Thanks

Last edit: by dh66.

Just had mini Ravitch 2 months 1 week ago #8192

Hi,
That's why I hsd mine done. Was always the fittest out of my friends but only because I had to push myself 110% just to stay with them.
The breathing is night and day, it's like you can breath in for longer and easier.
I would definately recommend getting it done, recovery is up and down, you csn't push yourself too much as i've found out. I'm amazed how ok I feel sometimes, then you feel rubbish. The pain has never been excrutiating, only when getting up when not had enough pain meds.
I'm looking forward to getting a few weeks under my belt to see how my running is. I usually overheat and run out of puff so I can guage myself on that. I'm more of a cyclist so will have wait a fair while to see if there are any improvements on that front.
I'll stop babbling now but feel free yo ask any questions in the future on how my stamina is. My co2 was 80% before the pp.

Just had mini Ravitch 2 months 1 week ago #8237

Hi Porter,

That's great to hear that your Ravitch experience is going smoothly so far! Remember, recovery can be a long process, so take it slowly and have patience if you have any down days.

-Dan

• Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds