enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Past and present, we all want to hear your story.

TOPIC: Newtonian's Journey

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 2 weeks ago #7483

The changes are starting. I met my aunt today (she doesn't know that I had a surgery done). She said that something was different about me.
I'm suspecting it's the automatic correction of my posture.
Could it be something else?

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 2 weeks ago #7486

Congrats Newtonian! That's awesome. It could definitely be the new posture and a fuller chest.

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 2 weeks ago #7490

Thanks nolij, I'm sure the same will happen for you. I'm going to see if others also notice a difference.

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 2 weeks ago #7491

I'm still on pain medication, but there's been an interesting side effect to it. Since the medicines are powerful, I'm not allowed to drive, so I've been walking everywhere.
This has had a relaxing effect on my body and the walking has been very good, consistent exercise. I don't have to create a exercise schedule or reminders.
Anybody else have the same experience?

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 6 days ago #7564

It's been almost a month since my surgery and I'm taking much less of the "intense" pain medications. There is still a little pain, but a weird thing is that their is tightness around my chest, like a hug. But that tightness is not pain. I have to be very careful about whether I should take medicine or not in these situations.

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 4 days ago #7568

I'm no quite as far along in the recovery as you are but I also get the tight feeling across my chest. Feels like there's a tight band. Its not really intense pain but is definitely uncomfortable. I generally pop a tylenol or ibuprofen if it doesn't go away or I can't get distracted from it.

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 3 days ago #7575

I have attached pictures in two of my previous posts.

Newtonian's Journey 11 months 2 days ago #7583

I try to avoid taking any medicine when it's just discomfort. But those situations are few. I'm afraid that I might take too much.

nolij wrote: I'm no quite as far along in the recovery as you are but I also get the tight feeling across my chest. Feels like there's a tight band. Its not really intense pain but is definitely uncomfortable. I generally pop a tylenol or ibuprofen if it doesn't go away or I can't get distracted from it.

Newtonian's Journey 9 months 5 days ago #7744

It's now 3 months since my surgery. There is still some pain once in a while. I can lay down on my side. But a weird thing is that there is still tightness when I wake up. I have to wait a while to loosen up before I work.
When I teach my students, I sit down and use technology. It's a little painful to keep writing on the board for a long time.

Newtonian's Journey 8 months 2 weeks ago #7811

I'm still here. I was feeling ok recently, but I got a very bad cough that lasted about 3 weeks. That caused a lot of pain in my chest. The coughs have stopped and pain in front of my chest has stopped. But now, I have a lot of pain on my sides, where the incisions were made.
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Login | Register