enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Shutting Down?!?

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8977

• RFuerst
  • RFuerst's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 2
"FORUMS WILL BE CLOSING DOWN PERMANENTLY APRIL 1, 2019
Unfortunately, we will be closing down the pectus.com forums and all community aspects of the site on April 1, 2019. The time and expense has outweighed the benefits of maintaining the forums and community. Our commitment to the pectus community is unwavering, however. We will continue to be a source for fact-based pectus information, research, advocacy, and general guidance. THANK YOU to everyone who has helped make pectus.com a great resource for pectus-related conditions."

From the announcements at the top of the page.

This is unfortunate. I feel like this was the most active forum in regards to pectus issues. Does anyone have an alternative that theyre planning to move to?

The fact its closing on April 1st is a little suspicious but I wouldnt think this is a joke?

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8978

I just registered www.pectusforums.com/ just in case. I'll see if I can build something with open source forum software (I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any). I haven't been here long but really appreciate having a place where people can post about their experiences with pectus.

@ipectus and @randy, anything we can do to help keep the forums running here?

Edit to clarify pectusforums.com: It was an unregistered domain name so I grabbed it. Ideally, we'd keep this forum up and running so I wouldn't need to do anything with pectusforums.com There aren't a ton of people who would visit a pectus forum so I don't want to fragment users into multiple forums. I work as a software developer doing backend Java so I've never made a forum before but think I can figure it out if we need it. Basically, I'm just throwing pectusforums out there as an option if these forums really do close down in April.

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8979

Its interesting that the date for this is April 1st, 2019, not sure why this would happen on this date alone and with fairly short notice. I would think if this was the case, a message would be sent sometime ago to all to let "Forum" members know and possible to inquire of their opinion(s) on this. What expense? I am fairly new member, l year, and do not mean to sound.....unprofessional, but RFuerst, what involvement do you have with Pectusforums. Interesting!! I guess we will see on this date.

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8980

• RFuerst
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Jlittleton wrote: Its interesting that the date for this is April 1st, 2019, not sure why this would happen on this date alone and with fairly short notice. I would think if this was the case, a message would be sent sometime ago to all to let "Forum" members know and possible to inquire of their opinion(s) on this. What expense? I am fairly new member, l year, and do not mean to sound.....unprofessional, but RFuerst, what involvement do you have with Pectusforums. Interesting!! I guess we will see on this date.

I did not mention anything about that site, nolij offered that he could create a new form for everyone if this forum is truly shutting down.

I just logged on this morning and saw the announcement on the top of the form so I'm just wondering what's actually going on.

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8981

I need to read more closely, My apology on this, just started reading and got to involved. Just sounds questionable since it states April 1st? Again, my apology to you.

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8982

Haha looks like I need to read more closely too. Has to be an April Fool's joke that I fell for hook, line and sinker.

Whelp, I've still got pectusforums.com registered in case we ever need it :P

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8983

Thank you for doing that. We will have to see come April 1st. Thank you again.

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 6 days ago #8984

• RFuerst
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Seems pretty cruel if this is an early April fool's joke. I mean this is really the only active place for people with pectus to discuss so idk. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 4 days ago #8989

I haven't posted yet, and have been really wanting to share my story/meaning to, and now this message of the forum shutting down?!?! nooo! I do hope it is a prank. Maybe we can all try to hop over to www.reddit.com/r/PectusCarinatum/ if it does shut down? Thats where I plan on posting. At least until pectusforums.com is in working order. There is so little out there in terms of forums for us pectus people, I can't see them taking that away from us lol. Maybe they're making an even better forum!?! haha. At that, I am a 29 yr old female and had severe pectus carinatum (slightly asymmetrical), and I'm just about 6 mo post surgery; I had the "Miller method" Ravitch procedure by Dr. Daniel Miller, who did an incredible job! Seriously a miracle. I have a lot of pictures too! I can answer any questions these last few days of the forum if any one has any for me :)

Forum Shutting Down?!? 3 weeks 4 days ago #8990

Hey Malfanana, glad you've had a good experience post surgery!

And great idea about reddit if this forum really does close. www.reddit.com/r/PectusExcavatum and www.reddit.com/r/PectusCarinatum/ both look to be active and I imagine reddit will be free for pretty much forever. Might save me from having to build and host pectusforums.com/ Maybe I'd just have to add links to reddit :P
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Login | Register