enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Heart Problems and Pectus

Heart Problems and Pectus 6 months 1 week ago #8767

Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with atrial tachycardia buy my cardiologist, he seems to think it could related to cardiac compression of the right ventricle due to Pectus. Has anyone had any experience with rhythm issues and found it got better after surgery to correct the chest? Thanks in advance!

Heart Problems and Pectus 6 months 1 week ago #8787

Jakepec wrote: Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with atrial tachycardia buy my cardiologist, he seems to think it could related to cardiac compression of the right ventricle due to Pectus. Has anyone had any experience with rhythm issues and found it got better after surgery to correct the chest? Thanks in advance!

Hi,
consider yourself very lucky to have found a doctor who actually knows something about pectus excavatum!

I believe, would you be to opt for surgery, you should decide very carefully what to do and if to operate at all.

Some generic doctors would tell you that the surgery will not help at all, many patients will tell you "all of my symptoms completely disappeared after surgery". Some research shows a certain extent of improvement and still sometimes pectus surgeons are very cautious and do not want to make you false promises!

May I ask you certain personal things such as: country, age, wheight, height, general health conditions and if you have suffered a progression of symptoms through your life (old symptoms worsening and/or new symptoms showing after a certain age)?
If you are to choose for a surgery, you will need other tests and to be guided by an expert surgeon.

Heart Problems and Pectus 6 months 1 week ago #8801

Hi,
I’m a 27 year old male, 178cms tall and 84kgs,
My symptoms have become apparent in the last 6 years and I have no other health issues. Yourself?

Heart Problems and Pectus 6 months 1 week ago #8802

Jakepec wrote: Hi,
I’m a 27 year old male, 178cms tall and 84kgs,
My symptoms have become apparent in the last 6 years and I have no other health issues. Yourself?

I explained my whole case here:

www.pectus.com/forums/2-introductions/14...-surgical-correction

Basically I've always had symptoms but they only started severly bothering me in the last years, after I was 25/26 years old.

I'm willing to share my case because I believe in many countries most doctors have no idea whatsoever about symptomatic pectus excavatum (99% of the doctors in my country are SURE it is not even a thing!) and I believe it's important we try to give moral support one another.
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
Cron Job Starts