enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please do not post medical images with names visible on them. This includes x-rays, CT scans, or MRIs. Besides being a HIPAA violation, it may put you at risk for fraud.

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgCommunityAcymailing_jomsocial has a deprecated constructor in /home/pectus/public_html/plugins/community/acymailing_jomsocial/acymailing_jomsocial.php on line 9
  • Page:

TOPIC: Should I do anything about it?

Should I do anything about it? 1 week 12 hours ago #7819

When I was younger I was diagnosed with pectus carinatum. It was mild and there were no heart problems found when testing. I am 18 now and my chest is weirdly shaped as one side protrudes more but also has a slight cavity and the other side is flatter. The connection makes a weird bump that continues to get bigger. Should I seek treatment of some kind?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should I do anything about it? 1 week 6 hours ago #7820

Zdorsey As a Orthotist/Prosthetist and one who sees patients in our office who have Pectus Carinatum, we usually fit them with a brace that will help re shape the chest. Our patients do very well with them. They usually will have to wear anywhere from 16-23 hours a day at first, usually the first 3-4 months, then, depending on how they are doing, reduce the wearing schedule. If your PC bothers you, it is something you should have looked at with your primary physician first. Not sure where you live, but can given you some ideas of where you might want to go if you would like to at least have a company that specializes in fitting PC braces at least consult with you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Cron Job Starts