enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Carinatum Before & After photos

Carinatum Before & After photos 1 year 2 months ago #7173

Hello. I'm 22 year's old and I have mild condition of Pectus Carinatum. I'm planning to do the surgery (Ravitch Procedure) next year. I was looking for the photos of before & after carinatum surgery, but I couldn't find them. I would feel better to see the results :) Please post the Before & After surgery photos in this topic. Thanks

Carinatum Before & After photos 1 year 2 months ago #7177

Have you researched bracing for pectus carinatum at all? Some 22 year olds can still be braced and corrected easily. Pectus Services is on this site and I hope can chime in. Good luck!

Carinatum Before & After photos 1 year 2 months ago #7180

ttemuka, As a Orthotist/Prosthetist and clinician who also sees Pectus Carinatum patients in our office, I agree with pectuscoordator that bracing can still be a bracing option for you. You had mention that your PC is mild, do you know your Haller Index number, that would help, somewhat, to possibly answer better. But, we are presently using Pectus Services, the T-Joe brace and have found great results on our adolescence. You can still be brace, at this age tho, we are mainly trying to improve the presentation of your PC, not really correct it, mainly do to the fact that at this age your cartilage is less flexible. Pectus Services just updated their protocol on bracing adults and mainly this would intel you wearing the brace about 12 hours a day, not at night, this is only after going through the "break in period" working up to this. Again, we have not had the opportunity to brace any adults yet, so as pectuscoordator had mention, Joe with Pectus Services can give you a much better insight into this. As far as before and after pictures of PC corrective surgeries, you can obtain some of this through the internet by searching under the title "before and after photos of Pectus Carinatum surgery". Thank you and Good Luck!
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Login | Register

Cron Job Starts