enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bar displacement??

Bar displacement?? 5 months 3 weeks ago #8144

Hi,
I’m currently 2 months post-op nuss procedure. The surgery and the recovery went really well once I was out of hospital, and I’ve pretty much returned to my normal ways of life now. However, over the past few weeks I’ve had increased pain during the night and when doing some activities, there’s also been a hard lump come up to the right of my sternum just above where the bar should be. It’s not poking out the skin, however I can feel a lump. Is this just muscle and nerve damage? Or could it be bar displacement? The pain isn’t as severe as I would expect for bar displacement, has anyone experienced this before?

Bar displacement?? 5 months 1 week ago #8175

If I were you, I’d wait 4 or 5 days to see if the pain goes away. If it’s still there, go to your gp, tell them about the surgery and that you think has happened with the bar, and request an x-ray. An x-ray is the only way to be certain, however it could just be the result of pushing it too far. Any sort of sport that requires upper arm strength, could do this. It could also be from moving around too much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wearsj1998

Bar displacement?? 5 months 3 days ago #8197

Thanks for your reply. The pain still hasn’t gone away and has actually extended down the whole side of my upper body and under my arm, just like it felt after my surgery. I haven’t been doing much moving around as I don’t go back to work for another week or so. Is there any symptoms of bar displacement?
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Login | Register