enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting my journey

Starting my journey 3 weeks 22 hours ago #9000

• Qtrroy
  • Qtrroy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 0
I will be going to Phoenix in May to begin all of the testing to see if I qualify for surgery. I'm saddened that this forum will no longer be around for support. I'm 45 and have had pectus excavatum my entire life. It's definitely a scary yet exciting thought to be able to correct my chest.

My one question right now is because the odds of actually having the surgery in the summer seems slim, how crazy would it be to have it done without the support of family present? My wife is a teacher so summer is the time to go. I was told there is a 4 month wait to get in.

Roy

Starting my journey 2 weeks 5 days ago #9021

• Qtrroy
  • Qtrroy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 0
Bump

Starting my journey 2 weeks 4 days ago #9023

• ACA
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 3
Having someone there definitely helps but I've heard of people going there alone and they were fine. The range of experiences with recovery run the gamut, from people who have hardly any pain to those who have multiple complications.....you just never know.

If you do go alone though, at least stay at the Marriott right next to the hospital...at least you'll be close if you need a Dr.

p.s. I'm due to have my bars removed this summer at Mayo and had mine done at 47 yrs.
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Login | Register