enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to the forum

New to the forum 5 months 1 week ago #8920

I would like to introduce myself to this forum as I have just joined. I had pectus excavatum surgery at age 8. I am now nearly 44 and still have the bar in. The surgery was performed in the 80’s in a military hospital. My mother states the surgeon never mentioned needing to have the bar removed. I have experienced two successful pregnancies and my children were carried to term, once in 2000 and again in 2010. I am physically active, eat well and other then a few times during my pregnancies, have never felt any side effects of having the bar in. However, recently I feel like I’m having heart issues like palpitation, flutters, possible PVC’s and bradycardia. I’m curious as to whether anyone has experienced these issues or have had the bar left in for as long as I have. I am seeing a cardiologist but he has never had a pectus patient with a bar left in for as long as I have. I’m also wondering if surgery is a viable option to have the bar removed. Thank you.

New to the forum 5 months 1 week ago #8931

Glad you are seeing a cardiologist and hopefully he/she can provide test to what is occurring for you to be having bradycardia, palpitations, flutters and especially PVCs, not something that you want to ignore. As far as surgery to remove the bar, that is something between you and your physician will have to talk about. I am sure you will get other opinions from this Forum on this subject. Good Luck!

New to the forum 5 months 1 week ago #8935

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
Heart flutters and palpitations is something you would want to get checked out by a medical professional promptly especially if it is new/recent.
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
Cron Job Starts