enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Today
FORUMS WILL BE CLOSING DOWN PERMANENTLY APRIL 1, 2019
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: New to site

New to site 2 months 2 weeks ago #8168

I am new to the site. Surg was sept 18 18. I am having a difficult time. 57 years old. Pectus was severe and caused lung and heart compression was never told it was a problem till i started winding up in trauma unit with pvcs palps and difficulty breathing and eating. There is no support here and ihave become isolated . I am a fighter. I would like help. Everywhere has turned me down. Any ideas outside the obvious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to site 2 months 2 weeks ago #8169

Welcome to the site! Hope you are feeling better since your surgery. Keep active, walking and if you prefer the gym work outs, cardio is always good. Follow your surgeons recommendations for post op activities and go to the follow up appointments. If you have specific concerns, post them. This is a great and supportive site with a lot of great people! Good Luck!

New to site 2 months 1 week ago #8191

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
Hi Algernon,

What country are you in.

Reading your short bio, I can understand a lot o what your shared. Apparently, my internal organs mold themselves around the deformity, but I'm not really happy with the idea of that. I can understand your diffiiculty with what sounds like limited stomach capacity. good now that you have had a procedure. What procedure did you have?

thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Algernon800

New to site 2 months 1 week ago #8194

I am in canada greater toronto area. I am glad to hear from you. I dont know anybody else with my condition. At all. I had a ravitch repair with 2 bar. Cart cutout bones reshaped. It was a severe pe. Right to the spine. Recovery is slow but we pe are fighters. I keep at it. Physio and activity. Not knowing is a scary thing . I tend to isolate because people just dont get it. Nobody really knows what the effects will be so they minimize it or just ignore it. Lol ahhhh the human condition. Lol. Organs are all out of norm range. I hear you on that one. How u doing?

New to site 1 month 1 day ago #8841

I am also new here. Feeling really great to join this community.

• Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds