enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you!

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8050

I know I'm not a unique snowflake and we all suffer from this so I hope in sharing no one takes it that way. I'm 35 years young and have been insecure my whole life. PE most certainly did not help. I found this site about a year ago and was to nervous to share my story. I'm now 3 weeks post Nuss surgery and feel like I need to share my story as well as my recovery experiences with others as part of my healing not only physically but most mentally. to me I feel like this sounds selfish but I know that I'm not alone and my story may help others. I'm not to into social forums but I'm sure someone can help me find on here where I can share my pictures, reports, and personal feelings and experiences on here. Thank you for giving me a safe place among others who understand. BTW my birth name is Deric Gilbert, I'm a 35 year old Lineman who lives in Ft. Myers, Florida. My friends call me "Gilly" (hence the username) which I earned during my apprenticeship as a High Voltage Lineman.

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8054

I take it your profile picture is pre surgery? I hope your nuss went well and will help you feel more confident! I think its something we all face whether we want to admit it or not! :)

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8055

Yes you are correct that is pre op. I’m 3 weeks post Nuss at the moment. At the moment I’m working on posting my story in the proper place here in the forums but attached is a post op picture for you and you couldn’t be more right about it having to be dealt with. I should have done this 15 years ago but nonetheless I feel I’m on the right path to bettering myself for myself and my family. Thanks for the kind words.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8056

Wow!!! What an improvement!! I'm elated for you! I'm 33 and just found out i have this as well and going through the motions to find out about surgery etc. Do you mind if i ask how it went and how you're feeling? How were you before? I see you're an athlete as well, did you struggle with shortness of breath, high heart rate, and BP problems?

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8059

Sparkleandflex wrote: Wow!!! What an improvement!! I'm elated for you! I'm 33 and just found out i have this as well and going through the motions to find out about surgery etc. Do you mind if i ask how it went and how you're feeling? How were you before? I see you're an athlete as well, did you struggle with shortness of breath, high heart rate, and BP problems?

Yeah I don’t mind sharing. I always knew I had something wrong with me and in my early years it didn’t effect me much other than self esteem and insecurity issues but 2 years ago I made a big change in my life and started a strict diet to gain weight and had a personal trainer put me on the right path to get the results I was looking for ( was never going to happen with PE) I was pushing hard in the gym 4-5 days a week at about a year in I hit a wall. My heart couldn’t handle it and heart palpitations were an issue and I couldn’t get a good breathe of air in during cardio and got winded easily and couldn’t recover using normal breathing techniques that athletes are taught. I knew it was my chest. So yes I had issues with all of the above including severe back pain directly behind the deformity. It was also causing a sever heart deformity with major right sided heart compression and partial artery blockage. Thanks for the compliment on the post pic. I will put my story in full detail on here for all to read with all the juicy medical reports, pictures and updates.

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8063

Oh my god! That is exactly what i am going through! Here i thought i was crazy that something i was born with just all of a sudden was kicking my butt!
How crazy even as athletes it just hits us out of no where! Probably better you got it done because i bet later on in life as your bones start deteriorating it would have been awful! I'm so glad you decided to share this with us(and me)!
Please keep posting your updates and i will do the same! Tomorrow i go for my stress test :)

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8077

Sparkleandflex wrote: Oh my god! That is exactly what i am going through! Here i thought i was crazy that something i was born with just all of a sudden was kicking my butt!
How crazy even as athletes it just hits us out of no where! Probably better you got it done because i bet later on in life as your bones start deteriorating it would have been awful! I'm so glad you decided to share this with us(and me)!
Please keep posting your updates and i will do the same! Tomorrow i go for my stress test :)

Hope it all went well. I’m excited for you. Your life’s about to change for the better in a way you can’t imagine.

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8079

Stress test went well! He couldn't get my heart to fail even with me running. Although after six weeks off training, i wasn't surprised. But he cleared me to get back into the gym. Light workouts and cardio but two workouts in now. Slight chest pain but nothing like before :)

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8080

Sparkleandflex wrote: Stress test went well! He couldn't get my heart to fail even with me running. Although after six weeks off training, i wasn't surprised. But he cleared me to get back into the gym. Light workouts and cardio but two workouts in now. Slight chest pain but nothing like before :)

That’s great! I have my 1 month post op appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. Hoping to get a work release with restrictions. Not working is driving me crazy. But everything is going great. Pain is down to a 3 at worse.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Finally ready to share. Hello and Thank you! 8 months 3 weeks ago #8085

You look great! And i can imagine how crazy you're feeling. But, you deserve the time off... Better to recover and get some walking in than push yourself too early and end up not healing properly... You'd really regret that. Mu thoughts are with you that you get the news you want though, but hey if you don't... Maybe its a good time to read a book youve always wanted or go for a walk somewhere you've never explored before because you had no reason to :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GillyxThexKid
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cron Job Starts