enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vacuum bell

Vacuum bell 2 years 1 month ago #6408

This post is to give advice for those who are considering using a vacuum bell. You don't see much information on it at all so hopefully this can put that out there a little bit. If anybody has any questions please ask away. So here are a few things. I advise you to be consistent with it. It can change your sternum if you use it consistently. Also monitor your progress very closely and get your doctor in on it too if you can. Also don't use too much pressure. I made that mistake and all that does is lift your rib cage too far. You only need to lift it a little bit at a time. 15-30 minutes at a moderate pressure should be fine. You should also foam roll and stretch after using it. This helps everything sit more symmetrically after using one. The vacuum bell is really for people with symmetrical pectus. If you have assymetrical pectus you can try it but it can make your chest even more assymetrical if you're not careful. I'm sure most people either learn to live with their condition or get surgery. And either of those might actually be better options in reality. But the vacuum bell is a pretty neat thing to try. I would feel healthier right away after using one so the effects are instantaneous.

Vacuum bell 2 years 1 month ago #6413

Is it possible to get a Klobe Vacuum Bell in the US? It seems to be the only one that's tested and certified as a medical product.
I've only found one on ebay that ships internationally
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Saugglocke-zur-Trichterbrust-Korrektur-nach-Klobe-Pectus-Excavatum-Vacuum-Bell-/162507172063?hash=item25d62ea8df:g:mCMAAOSwrhBZD08H

Not sure if I'd trust the "fake" ones from Russia or elsewhere.

Vacuum bell 2 years 1 month ago #6414

I got mine off of eBay. You don't need anything too fancy just one that can pull the chest forward. I would also recommend foam rolling/stretching before using it as it makes the rib cage more flexible. If it hurts when using it you're either using it wrong or are too assymetrical. It should feel like pressure but almost feel good in a way.

Vacuum bell 2 years 1 week ago #6490

The Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters in Norfolk, VA offers them. 757-668-6877

Vacuum bell 1 year 11 months ago #6530

Thank you PectusChris for your helpful message here. It's really nice to get to know fellow VB users, as most people opt for surgery. I'm in the process of ordering my VB and hope this this one will fit me well and be able to pull out my sternum,
I've read one of your old posts saying the VB changes your bone structure. I'd imagine it's your upper chest and shoulder area? And does this change stay while your sternum is still out? Or does it revert once you remove your VB?
How long have you been using your VB? Could you please describe your improvement?
Thank you!

Vacuum bell 1 year 11 months ago #6531

My progress was very slow and speratic. When I was using it I was very focused on the chest alone like most people trying to get rid of pectus excavation. My advice would be so see the whole body. If your pectus is very severe and you want it totally flat I would suggest surgery. If you just want to improve your look then I would suggest exercise and the vacuum bell if you want. And I wouldn't try to totally fix your pectus I would just use the bell to improve it. There are plenty of people with pectus that have much better looking body's then people who don't have it at all. I don't have progress pics but I will say the longer you use the bell as in days in a row etc the longer it takes for your sternum to sink all the way back in. And I would chart your results and pay attention to your body and maybe have a doctor supervise it. Remember there isn't any information on the web that can help you with your progress while using the bell. Hope this helps. Any other questions you have ask away!

Vacuum bell 1 year 11 months ago #6532

And yes it does stay that way while the sternum is out.

Vacuum bell 1 year 2 months ago #7009

Hello, It was very helpful information about Vacuum bell, I have a question, I have seen many reviews that the vacuum bell result is temporary, are you still using vacuum bell?

Vacuum bell 1 year 2 months ago #7010

Nope I don't. I would learn how to stretch from an experienced yogi and eat healthy if you have a mild case

Vacuum bell 3 months 1 week ago #8889

Hi, there is a lot information about vacuum bell pectuslife.com/vacuum-bell/vacuum-bell-p...vatum-treatment.html . There are five size of vacuum bell available on this website.
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Login | Register