enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Surgeon for Adult Pectus

Surgeon for Adult Pectus 1 week 3 days ago #8788

Hi everyone, I'm new here and hoping that you all can advise me on my husband's pectus excavatum. He is 47 years old and we are wondering if he should get the Nuss procedure. He originally had the Ravitch procedure when he was about three years old. His chest has always been smaller and a little sunken in still. The last few years he has had more trouble breathing. He was diagnosed with asthma but then the testing showed he didn't have that. The pulmonologist did tell him that his lungs are at 50% capacity. We are wondering if he should have the procedure done. I hate to think where his breathing would be at in 20 years but I also know he may be too late to have anything done also. He has not had any testing done on his chest cavity yet so I'm not sure if he is classified as mild or severe. We live in Florida. I noticed that a doctor in Arizona and one in Georgia performs on adults. Is there anyone in Florida, or should we just plan on traveling somewhere? Any recommendations or advice is sure appreciated. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Surgeon for Adult Pectus 1 week 2 days ago #8791

In Berlin > 1950 Nuss repairs have been done
about half of that on adults max 54 years , with 50 % lung function the procedure will be worth while !

contact data below

Prof. Dr. Dr.med. Klaus Schaarschmidt
Director of Helios Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Tel.: +49 30 9401-54400
Fax: +49 30 9401-54409

The following user(s) said Thank You: theczahors@comcast.net

Surgeon for Adult Pectus 1 week 2 days ago #8794

I highly recommend Dawn E. Jaroszewski, M.D. in Phoenix, Arizona. I had the Nuss procedure last Thursday (February 7, 2019). From the pre op testing to the surgery itself, I feel Dr. Jaroszewski & the Mayo Clinic have been BEYOND top notch. Good luck to your husband! :-)

Surgeon for Adult Pectus 1 week 1 day ago #8804

You may have already done this, but you can go to the above heading under SURGEONS and go to SEARCH field and type in Florida and click enter. This will bring up those surgeons in Florida and list what age they will do.

Surgeon for Adult Pectus 1 week 8 hours ago #8805

4artista wrote: I highly recommend Dawn E. Jaroszewski, M.D. in Phoenix, Arizona. I had the Nuss procedure last Thursday (February 7, 2019). From the pre op testing to the surgery itself, I feel Dr. Jaroszewski & the Mayo Clinic have been BEYOND top notch. Good luck to your husband! :-)

Hi, would you feel comfortable sharing here in this forum your full experience and story regarding Pectus?
Thank you :)

• Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds