enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 1 year 1 month ago #7012

• nrjak
  • nrjak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 0
Does anyone know a surgeon who will do the Nuss procedure in Florida for an adult patient (ie. 29 years old)?

I contacted Dr. Jeffrey P. Jacobs (who is the only Florida surgeon listed on this website for adults) but he no longer does the procedure on adults per the regulations of Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital.

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 1 year 4 weeks ago #7020

• Fish
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 37
Fly to Arizona to Dr J.

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 1 year 2 weeks ago #7036

I am about to have surgery with Dr. Daniel Miller in Marietta, GA. I found out during my consult that he does the third most adults in the US, and Dr. J sends him patients. I have full confidence in him. I don't know if GA is too far for you, but it's closer than AZ.

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 10 months 2 weeks ago #7203

Please let me know how your experience went with Dr. Miller. We see him on Monday. We loved him at our first consult. I'm anxious to know how he deals with teens vs. adults. Hoping all went well for you!! Fortunately we are local to the area, just have to travel across the perimeter to get to him :)

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 10 months 2 weeks ago #7206

My experience with Dr. Miller was wonderful! I am four weeks post-surgery. He came to see me every day in the hospital and my surgery has been a huge success. As soon as I woke up I could breathe more deeply than I can remember! I did get an infection about two weeks after surgery because my incision started opening a little. He thinks it was because of the weight of the breast tissue due to not wearing a bra. They put me on a week's antibiotic and a solution that I put on twice a day and it cleared up . He is so calm and reassuring. Many of the nurses commented on how much he is respected at the hospital. They told me Dr. Miller's patients get the best rooms :)

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 2 months 1 week ago #8779

I just had surgery three weeks ago. Love, love, love Dr. Miller.
Highly recommend him.

Surgeons in Florida for Adult patients 2 months 1 week ago #8780

Dr. Miller is excellent. I am 3 weeks post modified Ravitch and could not be more pleased. That is not to say that recovery is easy because it is not. It is a slow process to find your new normal as I maneuver around the discomfort of moving chest wall muscles that were involved in the process.
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Login | Register