enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Beach pics thread and inspiration positive vibes

Beach pics thread and inspiration positive vibes 2 months 2 weeks ago #8873

• Ivan4
  • Ivan4's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 1
Hello all, my name is Ivan, nice to meet you.

I have a moderate-severe form of pectus carinatum and also body dysmorphic disorder which is related to my OCD. The OCD is what made my experience with PC during my teen years horrific. I mean they were bad. Just...bad. Almost never went to the beach or took my shirt off in public for close to 8 years. 8 years! 8 years! But now i'm committed to change.

Through therapy, medication, and my own hard work i'm starting to see things differently now. My chest is perfect just the way it is. It is my THOUGHTS that are the problem. The negative thoughts and the OCD thoughts. My thoughts have been the problem all along.

You know what i've also noticed? Most people in this world are loving and accepting people and WILL accept you. The ones who dont are pieces of garbage and who cares about them anyway. Some wise words i heard once were that pectus conditions are asshole deterrents; they make them go bye-bye. Which is great! Also, life is so much better when you accept yourself for who you are. It really is. But anyway, let's get down to business.

I am so excited about this upcoming summer. I WILL wear t-shirts and walk with an upright posture. I WILL go to the beach, pool, etc. I WILL lay on my back and tan so my chest is exposed. I WILL be happy this summer. Or at least more happy.

And so, when it comes summer time, i will post pics here (and possibly a youtube link) of me at the beach. Because you know what? I didnt have that source of inspiration...at all...when i was a teen. There were no videos of this at all on youtube. That all will change this summer. You mark my words and i promise by my very soul that i will do as i have said.

Feel free to post your pics. Let's get some positive vibes going here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: danouk

Beach pics thread and inspiration positive vibes 2 months 2 weeks ago #8878

I have been OK with my severe Pectus Excavatum my whole life, even if it actually was symptomatic, I never bothered and was proud of the way I looked (agonistic level athlete, I've had a quite nice physique, although not really incredibly beautiful, almost my whole life).

During latest years my PE symptoms slowly started to show some degree of progressive worsening, to the point since 2017 I'm not able to do any kind of physical effort anymore: I still tried working out until may/june 2018 but really it was just suffering as hell while not really doing that much.

I believe every pectus person should be well informed about how severe symptoms might sometimes become. Yes we should accept ourselves (ok, I really never had a problem with that but I'm empathetic toward every other different person's own feelings) but we should also remember that SOMETIMES surgical means are the only thing that might help us.

Stay well :)

Beach pics thread and inspiration positive vibes 2 months 2 weeks ago #8879

Anyway:

Marvel Studios's Movies shows many main charachters with really really slight Pectus :)

Captain America has a light pectus excavatum.
Iron Man has a slightly worse one.
The Master or wathever (Jeff Goldblum) has a mild one.
Black Panther has either a light pectus excavatum with a perfectly shaped sternal manubrium or a light pectus carinatum or maybe a combination of a very light pectus carinatum involving his manubrium and a very light pectus excavatum involving his sternal body (it would be a Pectus Type 9)

And then again:
Sylvester stallone has a slight Pectus excavatum.
Pedro Pascal has a moderate one
Steve Reeves had one and he was the greatest and most beautiful bodybuilder ever...

Hope you get a nice tan like this one :)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Beach pics thread and inspiration positive vibes 2 months 2 weeks ago #8882

Ivan4 Thank you for your positive post!
  • Page:
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Login | Register