enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!

TOPIC: Newly introduced to diagnosis

Newly introduced to diagnosis 2 months 2 weeks ago #8743

I wasn't solo but I did have a relatively easy recovery after Nuss surgery. I was only in the hospital 2 nights before going home. But dude, having someone to help for the first week or two is a lifesaver. Part of a good recovery is eating well and you do not want to have to make food for the first while. Same with getting snacks or a drink once you've gotten yourself relatively comfortable in a recliner. Showering and getting dressed is also super hard at first and there's no way I would've successfully showered or bothered putting on clean shirts without help. There's pain but you also just can't move well for awhile and the drugs make your brain fuzzy.

After the first week, I was much more mobile and comfortable doing things myself around the house. But looking back at my recovery posts, it was still day 8 before I shampoo'd my hair by myself (hard to lift my hands above my head) and day 14 before I completely showered and dressed myself without my wife needing to do anything. Anything's possible but I would really not want to do those first two weeks solo and probably would've been hungry for most of the first week.

Any possibility you could stay in a skilled nursing facility for a week or two after surgery? My little brother did that when he got in a car wreck and I wasn't able to stay home from work during the day to help feed him. It was almost like combination of an old folks home and physical therapy center (but better and with mostly older folks who still had their wits about them). They had prepared meals and the nurses were chill and always on call when needed.

Maybe your insurance would cover a nursing facility for a week or two so you don't have to be completely solo?
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Login | Register