enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!

TOPIC: Newly introduced to diagnosis

Newly introduced to diagnosis 8 months 3 weeks ago #8075

Sparkleandflex... My stress test just came back normal too. However, I did a 2 week heart monitor and it came back with 2 different kinds of arrhythmia. They are sending me on to yet another doctor to talk to me about those, but they are most likely caused by the PE. I have yet to schedule my pulmonary function but I know that my heart is compressed as it was found on the CT scan. So make sure you have all the tests as the results and symptoms vary.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 8 months 3 weeks ago #8078

I guess after this pulmonary I'll get push for my doctor to get this CT done and go from there. I wonder if i can contact a surgeon directly in Canada after the CT and get their thoughts.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 8 months 3 weeks ago #8088

Sparkleandflex......Nevermind my post earlier I found your post here and see now where you are :)

Newly introduced to diagnosis 8 months 2 weeks ago #8095

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
Excellent news regarding your test results thus far. I get your concern and frustration over being told to watch your form when it's caused by the PE. This knowledge of the cause is new for you and would take some getting used to the idea, but yes, as someone mentioned earlier, there is a fight to be fought, you have goals and determination and I think your competitive experiences would strengthen you and give you the tools to help you work through this.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 7 months 1 week ago #8211

I've been hesitant posting awhile hoping to have more information..
Here's where I'm at....
Had PFT
Failed MIP/MEP.... Saw respirologist, she says that doesn't mean anything... So we wait for a CPET(cardio pulmonary exercise test)...
Had another heart ultrasound- waiting for results
Dr. Irshad from Brampton wants me to call tomorrow and talk about consultation and submitting medical documents. Soooo let's see what happens...
After PFTs i feel like death lung wise... Nothing is helping.. anyone else have the same problem?

Newly introduced to diagnosis 7 months 1 week ago #8230

Hey Sparkleandflex... Thanks for the update! I was pretty tired after my PFT but not as tired as when I took the stress echo. I swear the stress echo people were trying to kill me. I kept going until the point they needed me to but was gasping for air by the end. Anyway, I know my PFT indicated that I had limited volume/restrictive airway disease from my pectus. Good to hear from you again!

Newly introduced to diagnosis 7 months 1 week ago #8234

The stress echo on the bike? Cardiopulmonary exercise test? Or the electrocardio stress test ? That's the one on the treadmill.

My doctor today sent in the referral and all the tests we've done so far to the surgeon I've been looking into in Ontario today. So let's see what he says..... Hopefully he says, let's do a CT or AI and get this moving.... Waiting to do the cardiopulmonary exercise test might take longer than getting a CT. .... Might take longer than getting surgery... Keep your fingers crossed for me. My GP thought it was great this surgeon wanted my records, so... That probably says something..

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 3 weeks ago #8306

I am headed to Brampton Monday to meet Dr. Irshad!
Let you know any details after that point!
Also
Cardio pulmonary exercise test booked for feb 13th.... Not sure if its necessary now but.. meh! Let's do it anyway! Screw it!

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 3 weeks ago #8307

Awesome! I'm going to Dr. Miller for a surgical consult on the 13th. I will be thinking of you. Getting closer!

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8698

So i met with Dr. Irshad....
He said my pectus is too severe for Nuss so i need Ravitch procedure instead.
Okay... I'm tough as nails... I WILL NOT be going across country with anyone staying with me for weeks, it's just not a possible scenario.
Can i do this?
Keep in mind, its just pain....they won't skimp me on drugs and I've been on hydromorphone, morphine, and fentanyl enough times to function on them just fine.
Anyone else done this Solo?
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds