enzh-CNfrdeitjaparuestr

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
24 Mar 2019
Forums are now in read only mode. Please read more to see alternative options.
Read More...
Introduce yourself to the iPectus Community!

TOPIC: Newly introduced to diagnosis

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 3 weeks ago #8032

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
SparkleandFlex, possibly, but I'm not sure. I looked at the screen on the echo (scary watching your own heart) and the little thread-like appearance of the structures of the valves flicking back and forward, it there were reverse flow, I would imagine the range of movement would be different. My cardiologist used his stethoscope to check.

Yes, do read right through the information. I'm encouraged where it discusses how surprising the fast rate of recovery after this procedure is. With your athletic efforts, it would appear to be a treatment where you could be chest pressings weights again quite soon verses having Nuss bars in potentially for many years and severely limited in the amount of weight you could press.

Sparkle, I think you should be careful about resolving to push through the pain. This is not just all psychological as you may have struggled to understand strange physical sensations in the past and might have thought it was just you and you somehow have to tough it out, it will just somehow resolve because you may have words spoken over you that there's 'nothing wrong with you' etc. I've personally resolved to tough out work situations and athletic - short distance running, and burned out so seriously, with chest pain (muscular skeletal???) foggy headed fatigue and exhaustion to the point it took me 6 weeks to recover - craziness! However, you know your circumstances best. I also think light workouts would be beneficial, but of course you need clearance. Sounds like you may have Left Axis Deviation (LAD) which I was diagnosed with my heart shifted high up into the left side of my chest. The cardiologist said the heart can function normally in this position if I remember correctly. Just now came home from light weight session and Latin dance class, I enjoyed myself and it was very social, but deep inside I think I could do so much better if my chest was corrected.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 3 weeks ago #8034

Ive been trying to get my doctor to send me for haller index but he wants me to see the cardiologist first. Tomorrow I'll natter at him and say, look... Ive had severe fatigue since i was a kid and its been pushed as ms... Now that i know i have this deformity and I'm always out of breath, you need to address this...
I really have begun to wonder if my fatigue is all because of this and not necessarily MS. No amount of dilators or stimulants have ever worked for me. I'm sure i could smoke meth anf sleep that's how extreme my fatigue is...
And i never get muscle pump, even at less than 10% bf i still couldn't get rock hard muscles even taking vasodilators. Leads me to think my heart is working way too hard trying to get oxygen. Even before my severe symptoms i would be light headed and exhausted lifting weights, every day... Even as a mechanic i would get exhausted and slow right down and nothing could make me faster...
Things i was always told were ms but seem more likely to chest issues..
Anyway, I'll update more tomorrow.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 3 weeks ago #8035

Dh66 its crazy you know my situation with fatigue all too well.
Right now ive taken a severe hiatus from the gym because of how bad the fatigue and short of breath feeling is.
If the cardiologist says get back to the gym, i will. But i almost feel like I'm lazy even though it's just exhaustion... It's such an unsettling feeling when i just finished Soooo much training. But everything happens for a reason.... Lol so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8044

My update is I'm being sent to a caediothoracic surgeon. Also pulmonary test dec. 13fh. Keep you updated!

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8047

• dh66
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 7
Thanks, yes, keeps us updated. It helps sharing in one-another's journey.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8052

Good news! I see thr surgeon on Friday for consultation and stress test! Will let you know how everything goes!

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8066

So my stress test went absolutely fine. That makes me wonder where to go from here or whether i should have expected such a result. I could run for 13min, as expected since i took 6weeks off from the gym. But i did feel short of breath and was huffing and puffing but it showed no problems with my heart...
Now to wait for my pulmonary function test..

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8067

• Fish
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 37
The stress test doesn't normally show anything significant unless the doctor knows what they're looking for. Same with the the PFT. It will probably show "slight restrictive disease" with volumes being in the normal or slightly below normal .(total volume).
Usually the Echocardiogram will be wacky because pectus patients hearts are displaced to the left and rotated. The Electrocardiogram is usually normal too unless there is an underlying heart condition. This is why pectus is so frustrating to properly diagnose. I went to 6 doctors over 4 years, pulmonologists, cardiologists and family medicine until finally one said "go get surgery" because your symptoms don't align with any common condition.
You need a MRI or Ct scan of the chest to see how bad the compression is on your heart. Which also will give you a Haller and Corrective Index for surgery approval.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8068

• Fish
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank You's Rec'd: 37

dh66 wrote:
Yes, do read right through the information. I'm encouraged where it discusses how surprising the fast rate of recovery after this procedure is. With your athletic efforts, it would appear to be a treatment where you could be chest pressings weights again quite soon verses having Nuss bars in potentially for many years and severely limited in the amount of weight you could press.

The Nuss bars don't limit the amount of weight you can press or lift after about 10 months-1 year. I have three bars and have no limitations at all. There is some mild pain so that would be the limiting factor.

Newly introduced to diagnosis 6 months 2 weeks ago #8070

Yes my family doctor has said if all my tests come back normal we will do a CT scan for my Haller index. He had said we will cross that bridge when we get there but this is frustrating as i want to get back bodybuilding asap! I have won competitions that advance me the ability to go for my procard but I don't think I'll get it in either division with my body composition. It was a lot of work to even get a second and third place win and because of how the pectus shunts our body in a weird position, judges have told me to "watch" my form, which is basically impossible considering the way our ribs are. I guess I'll have to take things as they come and hope for the best. Thanks for the information!
Moderators: ipectusRandy
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Login | Register